With over 467 million LinkedIn members, it’s no wonder that almost all types of businesses use this platform to connect with potential customers and partners. It is a great network for brand building, raising awareness, and generating leads. But, it has weaknesses too.
Here are some of the pros and cons of LinkedIn marketing and tips on how to do it right.
- Connect with potential customers, investors and partners.
- Protect your identity online by making your profile private while introducing yourself and your company to people with the same interests as you.
- Join LinkedIn groups and share your posts, products and services. You can build your online reputation by being a credible source of information and unbiased opinion.
- Check the analytics of your posts. You can leverage your content by publishing articles on LinkedIn Pulse and inserting links to it. You can also share your articles to different LinkedIn groups and get re-shares.
- LinkedIn is a potent communication tool that makes the company accessible to the public. Your posts and profile makes you visible enough to people who are interested in your product or services. Therefore, LinkedIn is not only a platform but a tool that builds a personality behind your brand. It also enables your business to create a relationship—a kind of connection that you may otherwise never gain if it were not for your LinkedIn marketing strategy.
- Just like a normal person you can build customer loyalty—but it works both ways. You stay credible and trustworthy, and there’s a big chance that you’ll get the same response from your consumers. This creates not only a steady flow of repeat buyers but loyal customers as well.
- LinkedIn, just like any other social media platform is so comprehensive—thus, you can tailor it in whatever way to suit your needs and serve your best interest.
- You can’t build a great amount of following in a short period of time. LinkedIn is a network of professionals looking for jobs and business connections. But if you maintain your profile and your reputation to your connection by sharing useful posts, your efforts will eventually pay off. Customers may ask about your brand, others may ask for a partnership and so forth.
Social media is now increasingly used as an integral strategy in brand management and customer service. As a marketing tool every business owner needs to know how to properly use it to inform consumers about the latest products or services, and what the company is all about. It helps you build an identity for your brand and fosters relationships with consumers and partners. In fact, by using social media like LinkedIn, you are creating relationships with people in a way that will never be possible without the proliferation of the social media networks in the internet.
If you want your business to look “real” and to become something that people would remember and go to when they need something which you can offer, try LinkedIn marketing. A good digital marketing company like Chilli Dee can help you become a household name or a brand that people would like to follow not just to talk about your posts but to get something they’re interested in. Meet people’s needs, become a name that consumers can associate themselves into and be a brand that people communicate and interact with.
Contact Chilli Dee today and gain more insights as to the pros and cons of LinkedIn marketing and how Chilli Dee can tilt this strategy in your favor.